We are looking for volunteers for 2 time slots:
1. Event Coordination – 9 am until 11 am
– Team Distribution (12 people per table): We will have only 3 tables for water, Gatorade, and Gu (Energy Bar) to distribute to the participants along the route. The volunteers will ensure that all of the cups are filled and will distribute the cups to the participants.
– Team Medical (4 people): We are looking for trained medical professionals who will volunteer and assist those individuals who require on-site assistance during the 5K until an ambulance, EMT, and police arrive.
2. Post-Event Coordination – 11 am until 1 pm
– Team Food (6 people): We intend to have a luncheon for the Gold Star family members and our participants after the event. The food team will help to distribute the food to the participants as they come through the food line
– Team Breakdown (12 people): This team will be responsible for breaking down the tables and tents. Additionally, we will check the route to ensure that the park has been cleaned. There is an Autism Speaks event next day on September 28th.
All volunteers will receive a Run for the Fallen Rhode Island t-shirt.
Run for the Fallen Rhode Island 5K Run/Walk Waiver Information
Please read this waiver info carefully:
1. You understand that participation in the event is potentially hazardous, and that a registered party should not participate unless they are medically able and properly trained.
2. You understand that events may be held over public roads and facilities open to the public during the event and upon which hazards are to be expected. Participation carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated completely ranging from minor injuries to catastrophic injuries including death.
3. You understand and agree that in consideration of being permitted to participate in the event, you and any registered party, the heirs, personal representatives or assigns of you or the registered party do hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue active for any and all liability from any and all claims arising from participation in the event by you or any registered party.
Thanks for reading and acknowledging.