Thank you again for volunteering to help in our first annual event to honor RI’s fallen heroes. We are less than 3 months away and we want to ensure that we are keeping everyone up-to-date on the event.
We have 2 timeslots available with the following positions open for our volunteers:
1. Pre-Event Coordination – 7:00 am until 9:00 am (No Slots Left)
– Team Registration Booth (3 People): This team will assist with checking in with registered participants and same-day registrants. (No Slots Left)
– Team Apparel (3 people): This group will assist in distributing official Run for the Fallen Rhode Island apparel to interested purchasers. (No Slots Left)
2. Event Coordination – 9:00 am until 11 am
– Team Distribution (12 people per table): We will have only 3 tables for water, Gatorade, and Gu (Energy Bar) to distribute to the participants along the route. The volunteers will ensure that all of the cups are filled and will distribute the cups to the participants.
– Team Medical (4 people): We are looking for trained medical professionals who will volunteer and assist those individuals who require on-site assistance during the 5K until an ambulance, EMT, and police arrive.
3. Post-Event Coordination – 11 am until 1 pm
– Team Food (6 people): We intend to have a luncheon for the Gold Star family members and our participants after the event. The food team will help to distribute the food to the participants as they come through the food line
– Team Breakdown (12 people): This team will be responsible for breaking down the tables and tents. Additionally, we will check the route to ensure that the park has been cleaned. There is an Autism Speaks event next day on September 28th.
***Please let us know what interests you the most by August 15th***
All volunteers will get a Run for the Fallen Rhode Island t-shirt which you can check out here: https://runforthefallenri.org/onlineshop/. Please send us your size so that we can reserve yours for the event. Additionally, we plan on sending out a “Volunteer Handbook” that details your responsibilities approximately 2 weeks before our 5K.
Again, please do not hesitate to e-mail us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
We appreciate your participation in remembering our fallen heroes and recognizing their families.
Team RFTF RI
Run for the Fallen Rhode Island is a 501(c)(3) RI non-profit organization