1. What is RFTF RI?
Run for the Fallen Rhode Island is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created for the sole purpose to honor the memories of our fallen heroes who have died since September 11th, 2001 from our great Ocean State. It is run by 3 volunteers who work full-time in the community or for our government and who are committed to ensuring that RI’s fallen heroes are remembered in an annual luncheon for the families and a 5K run/walk.
2. Who does RFTF RI recognize?
Our criterion is located here.
3. What is the purpose of RFTF RI’s 5K Run/Walk?
The 5K run/walk will recognize our heroes in an opening ceremony with a roll call and gun salute. The course in Colt State Park will be lined with hero markers for each of RI’s heroes.
Event and Registration Info
4. When and where is this event?
It takes place on September 26, 2015 in Colt State Park. Registration opens at 7:30 am and the Opening Ceremony starts at 9:00 am. The run/walk commences at 9:30 am. You can view event information here and find driving/parking info here.
5. What is the schedule of events?
The schedule of events is located here.
6. How long will the event take place?
We have the park reserved from 7:00 am until 2:00 pm on September 27, 2014. The schedule of events is located here.
7. Where on the website can I register for RFTF RI event?
All individuals who are interested in participating in our event, can sign up here.
8. Can pets participate in the event?
Yes, pets on a leach can participate in our event.
9. Can participants run with babies in strollers?
Yes, participants can run with strollers on the course.
10. How long is the route?
The route is 5 kilometers or 3.1 miles and can be viewed here.
12. What time should I arrive?
– We’d like Gold Star Families to arrive by 8:30 am.
– Registration for all participants opens at 7:30 am and we’d like to encourage everyone to arrive early.
– Volunteers should arrive by the guidance in Volunteer Update #3.
13. Can we make donations at the event?
Yes, we will be accepting donations at the event.
14. Will there be an opportunity to purchase apparel at the event?
We will have all of our apparel for sale at our event.
Team Registration Info
15. I would like to register a team, how do I do that?
Teams can register here.
16. Where can I check the status of my team’s registration?
Any member of the team can check their team’s registration status here. We have removed last names to protect the privacy of our participants. If you are a Team Captain and want the complete list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. I’ve already registered but now would like to switch to one of the registered teams or create my own team. Can I do that?
Absolutely. If you want to form your own team, just contact us and we’ll help you change it immediately. If you want to join a team, please let to Team Captain know and have them e-mail us at email@example.com.
18. I would like to volunteer, how do I do that?
Volunteers can register here.
19. What time should I arrive?
Volunteer arrivals times are in Volunteer Update #3.
20. Where are the bathrooms?
There is a bathroom with several stalls and 2 port-a-potties near our Main Tent.
21. Where are the water stations?
There are 3 and will be located at each mile marker.
22. Where do I park?
Parking for each participant is located here.